GBE 2~ It's great to be back!
Just a little bit on me, I am mushy, lovey, huggy person. I write from the heart. Sometimes going in directions that not even I, expected to go.
So, please join me on a little ride.
Are you ready? Come take my hand and let's take a little trip inside my brain. I promise not to bite.... At least not too hard : )
~Expectations~
Can expectations be inherent? I believe so. I believe we are born with certain expectations. One being the expectation of being nurtured.
From those first lusty cries to be fed, changed, held, loved, comforted, we are expecting someone to meet our needs.
In most cases our expectations are met, for some, sadly, their parental units fail to meet those needs.
Our expectations dictate our lives. I find myself saying to my children, "I expect this or that of you." While I try not to over burden them with unreasonable expectations, for example, getting straight A's~ that perfect 4.0, on their report card. However, I do encourage them to do their best. And while doing their best, if they fall short of that 4.0, that is okay by me.
I try to be a good mom and wife. While my housekeeping abilities fall short of my husband's expectations, and my mommy actions sometimes fall short of what my children are expecting from me, I know my husband, and my children, love me unconditionally.
I think my biggest expectation is unconditional love. I give it freely, to my family and friends, with hopes that it will come back to me. That is why I am such a fan of saying, "I love you." And saying it often.
I don't want my family and friends to ever think my feelings are any less than those words convey.
When I say those words, they are not just words to me. I feel them, that love from my heart, the very center of my being. Once you have made a home there, I will never kick you out.
Even if I am not liking someone's actions, and believe them to be placing expectations on me that I cannot meet, I do not hold their anger towards me against them.
Without unconditional love for ourselves, we are nothing but empty vessels. Always looking for, or expecting, someone, or something to fill that void.
I expect to love you forever!!! Nice Job Chris!!
ReplyDeletei unconditionally love this blog~!!
ReplyDeleteYou are a sweetie pie!
ReplyDeleteYou've nailed it...the thing we all need most. And Chris, I love your sweet, tender, always true blue heart. ♥
ReplyDeleteLoves u good, bad or indifferent. :) Hugs
ReplyDelete*sniff sniff* Thank you~ I love you guys *UMAH*
ReplyDeletelove the blog!
ReplyDeleteYou've been awarded: http://www.word-nerd-speaks.com/2011/05/heather-is-very-kind-and-patient-woman.html
ReplyDelete:O)
Oh this was a wonderful write!! I think saying I Love You is so important and with my husband and kids, we always say it each and every day. However, there are people in my family that can not say it freely. So sad.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad to meet you here thru GBE2 Cheers, Jenn.
Fabulous piece, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it :)
ReplyDeleteInteresting. I wonder how much of what we expect as infants translates into what we expect as adults. Enjoyed this post. Thank you.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed this sooo much. It made me realize just how much I'd missed reading your blogs. Great job!!
ReplyDeleteOh I love this post, just what I needed today! Hearts in Fur Coats
ReplyDeleteWhat a great post!! I agree with you whole heartedly that we all expect unconditional love from a few select people in our lives. Wouldn't the world be a better place if we could give it and receive it from everyone?
ReplyDeleteKathy
This is a beautiful post. I love how you interwove the expectations you have for your garden and your relationship with your son blossoming as the season progresses. It looks like you are off to a great start!!
Kathy
http://www.thetruckerswife.com/
Thank you for reminding me to unconditionally love myself today! We can't give what we don't have! Nice post.
ReplyDeleteQuite often I give and forget to love myself. Thanks for the reminder.
ReplyDeleteThis is true. Good post
ReplyDeleteCHRISTINE IS PRECIOUS : ) awesome job..great background!! geesh you guys are so creative! Great to meet you
ReplyDelete"Without unconditional love for ourselves, we are nothing but empty vessels. Always looking for, or expecting, someone, or something to fill that void."
ReplyDeletePerfectly said, Christine!
Saying I love you is oh-so-important. Great reminder to do so often!!!
ReplyDeleteExactly on the last statement; we have to love, forgive, and be gentle with ourselves. That's such a good point to make because people are often their own worst judge.
ReplyDeleteGreat blog which I enjoyed very much. We're both definitely on the same page about unconditional love.
ReplyDeleteThank you all for your kind words : ) I look forward to reading all of your posts as well.
ReplyDeleteI may not have read them all yet, but I will get there soon : )
What a nice post on expectations!
ReplyDeleteThe empty vessel point that you ended on is so true and it can sometimes be a challenge to even realize that one is seeking something or someone to fill certain voids. Fulfillment that comes from within is the ultimate joy to have an I hope that everyone, myself included, can come to have such unconditional love for themselves.
The Madlab Post